cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed & cut-off messages ....

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Here's my problem (two to be exact) :<br>1) Scattered reports of users getting delayed messages. Caller leaves msg - user checks to find no msg - user gets MW indicator a day or two later and finds msg from day or two prior. Doesn't happen frequently enough to pin down any specific times, etc.,. - Have checked Subscriber mailbox activity - looks normal - monitored data packets to/from PBX serial link - looks normal.<br><br>2) Messages cutting off while caller is speaking. Happens frequently. Callers get approx. 15 - 30 seconds into msg when it cuts them off usually in the middle of a word. Have had equal number of reports saying that caller either heard busy tone afterwards or caller was prompted for msg addressing options.<br><br>System is an 2.4.6.102 running NT 4 w/ latest service pack & Exchange 5.5 w/ latest service pack. Using Dell PowerEdge 2400 w/ dual 933 Mhz processors, 512 MB RAM, two 9 Gig drives. Using D42NE2 voice boards - 6 cards - 4 ports per.<br>PBX is NEC NEAX 2400 ICS MMG - serial integration.<br><br>Thanks in advance for any response.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

You might be able to reduce some of the pause-off problems (caller is interrupted by msg addressing options) by bumping up the long and short pause timers on the System->Configuration->Recordings page.

Also see this techtip:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity_tone_definition_5214.html

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

OK - the values for Short & Long Pause were set at 2 & 3 respectively. I have set them to 4 & 5. I'll monitor for a couple of days to see what happens.

Thanks - Duane Bennett / Augusta Medical Center

Not applicable

OK - I've tried the recommended adjustments - no luck. Still have just as many message cutoffs and delayed messages. Any other ideas ?

We have been having the similar difficulty where callers messages are cut off in the middle of their recording without warning. I've tried without success to pinpoint whether it is particular callers (soft spoken, quiet connections, etc.). I have bumped up the Short and Long Recording Trail Limits to 4 & 5 as well to see if that helps.

Initially we thought it was the Unity Quiet Parameter setting as metioned at http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/UnityQuietParameter.html

but adjusting this parameter to 41 dBm has not alleviated the problem.

We are running Unity 2.4.6.135 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2k SP2.

I have been having the same problem also on a turnkey standalone AD120, 2.4.6.136 (NT, 5.5 SP4) with digital integration to a 2000 IVS2. NTAC has applied a couple of patch releases, new boards, reloaded drivers, etc. The trail limits and quiet 50.prm did not make a diiference either. The disconnects on this site only happen on station to station calls that forward to voicemail. It's good to know that someone else is having the same problem. NTAC has been dealing with this one for almost three months now.

dbernstein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I too have the same situation with cut-offs and low volume messages at a site that has a centralized Unity 2.4.6.102 on Dell G1 platform, equipped with the new style 12 port single line card and MCI integration behind three switch NEAX IVS2 2000 configuration.

Per instructions for TAC, we have tried all settings mentioned on reply #5, ie Quiet 48, pause time, running dialtone detection utility etc. We even thought it might be a data side connectivity issue so I had them move one high use mailbox homed on a remote exchange server to the exchange server located right next to the Unity server in the primary site (users in primary site have have almost no cuttoffs) - but after almost 6 months we are still having problems.

Main thing we have found is that almost all cutoff calls seem to come from one of the two remote sites that are connected via a shared voice/data T1 curcuit. This curcuit has been checked and rechecked for everything on the hardware and software side of the switch that we can think of.

This thread shows more current versions being used than 2.4.6.102, so I'm doubting that just updating to higher version is the answer. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!