Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

delayed outside dial tone

I think I am having an overlapping pattern here. My 4 digit DN's begin with a 9.

I have a route pattern 9.@, when I try to place an outside call, I do not get the second dial tone until I have dialed the 4th Digit.

How do I fix this. Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: delayed outside dial tone

Hello:

Sounds like you have a device with an extension that is very close to your pattern:

Example:

9.@

The person that pressed 9.@ would have to wait until the inter digit time out had passed. You can test this by pressing 9.# This will force the system to stop looking for the longest match. The pause you are getting is just the system looking for more digits to base it routing decisions on.

Carl

Hi,

I had a device that was close to the pattern 9.@ it was like you said 9999. I have since changed that to 9700.

I am still getting the delayed dial-tone only after dialing 4 digits.

I tried changing the route pattern to 8.@ to test, and I am still getting a delayed dial tone. This time after dialing the second digit

Run the Route Plan report. You could have Call Park numbers or some other type of device with a matching pattern.

Yes, you do have the secondary dialtone after the 4th digit and you will as long as you have any 4-digit DNs that start with a 9. The secondary dialtone is placed in the digit analysis when the only remaining pattern matches are Route Patterns or Translation Patterns that specify the "Provide Outside Dialtone".

The problem is that you have extensions that begin with your outside access code. That's a problem, for a couple reasons. For instance, how do you seperate internal calls from outbound 7-digit dialing or 10-digit local? Probably better in your case to change the outside access code to 8, or translate the incoming DN's.

Views
Helpful
Replies