Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Delayed services over WAN link

I've come accross a problem on a number of multi-site scenarios whereby the services take a long time to display when the phone is not on the same LAN as the call manager.

Press the services button and it takes about 1 minute for services such as login to display. There are no problems with voice quality and when the services do display they work fine. If I press the services button again within say 5 minutes the services are there but wait any longer and I have the delay back again. The delay is also pretty consitant, always about 1 minute (55 - 65 seconds)

I always use IP addresses, don't trust DNS to be able to identify itself never mind anybody else on the network. It's almost like the phones try broadcasting for a server before reverting to a unicast and so the router is killing the traffic but this is just a guess.

Anybody esle come accross the same problem. Users just don't want to wait 1 minute to log into the phones (though they'll wait 5 minutes for their PC's to log them in ?????)

Thanks

Paul

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Delayed services over WAN link

Looks like you may be running into CSCdv17901.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.