cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed services over WAN link

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

I've come accross a problem on a number of multi-site scenarios whereby the services take a long time to display when the phone is not on the same LAN as the call manager.

Press the services button and it takes about 1 minute for services such as login to display. There are no problems with voice quality and when the services do display they work fine. If I press the services button again within say 5 minutes the services are there but wait any longer and I have the delay back again. The delay is also pretty consitant, always about 1 minute (55 - 65 seconds)

I always use IP addresses, don't trust DNS to be able to identify itself never mind anybody else on the network. It's almost like the phones try broadcasting for a server before reverting to a unicast and so the router is killing the traffic but this is just a guess.

Anybody esle come accross the same problem. Users just don't want to wait 1 minute to log into the phones (though they'll wait 5 minutes for their PC's to log them in ?????)

Thanks

Paul

1 Reply 1

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like you may be running into CSCdv17901.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: