cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete Alternate Extension from multiple users

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

Does one of the Unity tools allow to to delte alternate extensions from multiple subscribers simultaneoulsly. I had alternate extensions set up that basically just had a 5 prepended to the subscibers extension. I was forced to change many of the subscribers extensions and now of course my alternate extensions are all wrong.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately no... there's no way for me to know WHICH alternate extension you want to modify/delete since they're just a collection of up to 10 of them in no particular order and aren't "tagged" with a name I can reference (i.e. like "Alternate extension 2" or something).

This is a change I've requested of the DOH guys and they have it on their plate to do after the 4.0 release later this year but until then there's no way for me to selectively wipe out alternate extension in any targeted way.

I could do a private tool that just deleted ALL alternate extension for selected subscribers...

deleting all alternate extensions for selected subscribers would suit my needs just fine.

OK... I think I'll just add this option (with a big warning dialog) to BulkEdit directly. As soon as I get the updated dbWalker off to QA today I'll take a look at this.

This turned out to be pretty simple... I had to add another tab for both subscribers and call handlers which looks a little ugly but BulkEdit has never been a pretty application anyway.

I'll post it to answerMonkey tonight, if you want it sooner ping me at "lindborg@cisco.com" and I'll email you the setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: