Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Delete key grayed out

I was doing an upgrade that went badly and we had to restore from backup. We finally got it up and found out that the delete key is grayed out, what causes this and is there a fix for it?<br> Thank you<br> Steve<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Delete key grayed out

Which delete key? You mean to be able to delete a subscriber or call handler via the SA?

Some objects are marked as "undeleteable" in the Unity custom properties, that could be what you're seeing. You can always remove that flag but in general it's a bad idea since the objects we set that on are critical (i.e. the opening greeting and operator call handlers).

or are you talking about something else?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I am refering to the Delete key in the SA that you would see on a subscribers page.
Thank you
Steve

Anonymous
N/A

Assuming the restore went OK and the subscribers are actually working ok (i.e. you can call in and leave a message for them and retrieve them etc...) I would check to see if the AVP_UNDELETABLE flag is set to "1" on one of these guys real quick... I don't have a snappy reason for why that would happen, but you can check it fairly easily.

Open up DOHPropTest (you'll find it under TechTools under the CommServer directory), don't enter a password and go ahead and fire it up in read only mode. Select "mail users" on the left and then select the alias of one of the users you're trying to delete in the middle column. On the far right list, scroll down to the AVP_UNDELETABLE property and see if it's 0 or 1... if it's 1, that's your issue and we'll need to get in there (with the proper password for DPT) and set them to 0.

If not, perhaps the user's are not restored properly (i.e. their corresponding call handlers are not there or not linked up properly)... this would result in calls not going to greetings and messages not being retrievable etc... so I would think you would have noticed that. But if not, then we have a much bigger problem. We'd need to get in there and look around if this is the case.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content