Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Deleted Call Handler Problem

I had about 10 Call handlers built with extension numbers. I had to delete those Call Handlers. I then applied those deleted extension numbers to some prexisting Subscibers. The subscribers can now receive vmail under the new extension number, they can also sign in. BUT you cannot dial the subscriber from the opening greeting , it is like Unity is still looking for the Old Call Handler. I Ran Directory Walker a few times, Any Ideas? Thanks<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Deleted Call Handler Problem

No, I think this is a known Unity bug. I assume you added these extensions to users as alternate extensions? There was a bug in several 3.x versions where forwarded calls to alternate extensions were not handled correctly. Which version of 3.x are you on?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

We are running 3.12. I did not use the alterate extension feature. BUt, I tried dialing an extension last night before i went home (maybe 4 hours later) and it worked!! Maybe it takes a while to synch?
Thanks again

Gold

If you have more than one Unity server it could take a bit to get replicated through AD/EXdir and then replicated to SQL. If that is not the case it should happen immediately.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

I was wrong, i still cannot dial those extension numbers from the automated attendant. Any ideas how I can remedy this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.