cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleted Items Folder

ilang
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Unity 3.1(5) w/ Exchange 2k, primarily as VM only although UM is available. I have noticed that my HD space has been slowly been decreasing to the point that I have under 1 gig free. I began checking and have found that users deleted voicemails are going to the deleted items folder in their exchange mailbox. Simple question: how can I get messages to be permantly deleted when they delete them.

Thanks in advance.

Israel

3 Replies 3

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Israel

You can do the following:

To configure Exchange to delete deleted items after eg 30 days mailstore-wide, right-click on the mailstore in the Exchange System Manager, and select

Properties. Click the Limits tab. There you'll see a setting for "Keep Deleted Items For (Days)."

Simply set that to 30.

You can also use the Message Store Monitor Utility which can be found at http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm to do this.

Ullie

Thanks. Any setting in Unity that allows you to delete it out-right?

Israel

Yes. In the Class of Service you can dictate if messages are removed entirely or moved to the deleted items folder. On the Messages tab of the COS it's the "Deleted messages are copied to the deleted items folder" checkbox - by default it's unchecked which means the message is gone when you delete it over the phone.

The down side, of course, is that you can't get it back if the user accidentally deleted a message they didn't mean to.