cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deleted voice mail messages

maryclegg
Level 1
Level 1

We are on CM 4.2 and Unity 4.0 The users have been asking if they can retrieve deleted messages if they accidentally delete a message while in Voice Mail. When accessing Voice Mail, there is an option 3 for old messages then option 1 for saved messges or option 2 to delete messages in your deleted item folder. Can the deleted item folder be accessed to restore deleted messages or is there any other way to do so?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

Hope things are going well for you.Deleted messages can be recovered or retrieved from the Deleted Items folder of the Cisco Unity inbox. This is useful for when the subscriber deletes the message by mistake. But this can also cause problems if deleted messages get accumulated. They need to be purged at some time interval from the Deleted Items folder. Therefore, the Cisco Unity Administrator needs to set a time period during which you can recover deleted messages.

From this excellent doc;

Unity: Set a Recovery Period for Deleted Voicemail Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008060d71e.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

Hope things are going well for you.Deleted messages can be recovered or retrieved from the Deleted Items folder of the Cisco Unity inbox. This is useful for when the subscriber deletes the message by mistake. But this can also cause problems if deleted messages get accumulated. They need to be purged at some time interval from the Deleted Items folder. Therefore, the Cisco Unity Administrator needs to set a time period during which you can recover deleted messages.

From this excellent doc;

Unity: Set a Recovery Period for Deleted Voicemail Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008060d71e.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, that worked perfectly. Thanks!!!!!

Rob, I set "Keep deleted items" to (1) one day. I activated the "Flush messages from deleted item folder" and scheduled it to run at 1:00 a.m. daily; I think I activated the script correctly - set the password - selected Apply and then OK - shows that it will run the next day at 1:00 am.; message store agents have been granted access. But it does not seem to be running the script - the deleted messages are not flushing. I can perform a "Run Now" and the messages will flush. I must have missed something. Any suggestions???

Hi Mary,

That is a tough one :(

How about this setting?

Note: If you check Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up, the messages are not deleted. Uncheck this box if you do not use a backup for messages.

Maybe a permissions issue?

You may want to post this exact question on the Unified Communications Applications (Unity) Forum as well. Many,many Unity experts viewing and posting answers on that Forum :)

Take care,

Rob

Rob, The Do not permanently delete mailboxes...... is unchecked. I will post on the Unity forum. Thanks!!

Rob, I did something really stupid. I did not put in the correct Administrator password - that is why the script did not run as scheduled. Duh!!

Sorry. Your instructions worked perfectly, as usual.

Hi Mary,

Excellent!! I had noticed that no reply / answer had been given on the Unity Forum and I was just sitting here scratching my head trying to find a solution. 5 points for posting back with the resolution :)

We all make crazy mistakes (usually daily for me!)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: