Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Deleting a Partition in CCM3.2

When trying to delete a partition I get a message that says "can not delete partition, some devices are using it". Is there a quick way to determine which devices are using this partition?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Deleting a Partition in CCM3.2

If you had CallManager 3.3, you'd have Dependency Records to sort this out for us. Unfortunately, with CallManager 3.2, we're going to have to do some manual hunting. We need to make sure the partition you want to delete isn't referenced anywhere. If you go through the following steps, I think you will find every possible place it could be referenced.

1. Calling Search Space (CSS) membership

Go through each of your Calling Search Spaces and ensure that the partition you're trying to delete isn't a member of any of them. If your only use for this partition was a few call park numbers, this is probably where you'll find it.

2. Number Plan report

The numbering plan report will actually tell us if it's in use in several different forms: call park numbers, meet-me conference bridges, device DNs, translation patterns, call pickup groups, route patterns and MWI numbers. From ccmadmin, go to the Route Plan menu and click on Route Plan Report. Click on the "View In File" option in the upper right-hand corner. It comes out as a CSV (comma-separated value) file. This works best if you have MS Excel or another spreadsheet application available. Search that file for references to your partition and eliminate them from the right place in ccmadmin.

3. CallManager default autoregistration partition

From ccmadmin, go to the System menu and then Cisco CallManager. For each server in your cluster, go in and check to see that the autoregistration partition is not the partition you want to delete.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Well, it is generally not a good idea to delete partitions on a callmanager server. Is there a reason why you are trying to do this? What partition do you want to delete?

I created a partition for Call Park numbers. Our office that was using these numbers/partition has closed and there is no longer a need for this partition.

Gold

If you had CallManager 3.3, you'd have Dependency Records to sort this out for us. Unfortunately, with CallManager 3.2, we're going to have to do some manual hunting. We need to make sure the partition you want to delete isn't referenced anywhere. If you go through the following steps, I think you will find every possible place it could be referenced.

1. Calling Search Space (CSS) membership

Go through each of your Calling Search Spaces and ensure that the partition you're trying to delete isn't a member of any of them. If your only use for this partition was a few call park numbers, this is probably where you'll find it.

2. Number Plan report

The numbering plan report will actually tell us if it's in use in several different forms: call park numbers, meet-me conference bridges, device DNs, translation patterns, call pickup groups, route patterns and MWI numbers. From ccmadmin, go to the Route Plan menu and click on Route Plan Report. Click on the "View In File" option in the upper right-hand corner. It comes out as a CSV (comma-separated value) file. This works best if you have MS Excel or another spreadsheet application available. Search that file for references to your partition and eliminate them from the right place in ccmadmin.

3. CallManager default autoregistration partition

From ccmadmin, go to the System menu and then Cisco CallManager. For each server in your cluster, go in and check to see that the autoregistration partition is not the partition you want to delete.

I found the device after viewing the number plan in an excel file. The number plan gives much more detail in a .csv file than it does in the CCM gui.

After removing that device from the partition, I was able to delete it without a problem.

Thanks for the help.

Views
Helpful
Replies