cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deleting exchange containers

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

unity created some subscriber containers in exchange. i'm having a problem manually deleting them. when i delete them it says it does it but they don't go away. any ideas on how to get rid of them. <br><br>when i use the unity uninstaller it says that they are from a different unity installation and doesn't delete them. (they are from a different installation yes) <br><br>again i'm using unity 2.4.6 and exchange 5.5. the exchange server it part of a larger exchange site.<br><br>---<br>Ben Mason<br>Netarx, Inc<br>Phone: (248) 647-9800<br>Fax: (248) 647-9840<br>Email: bmason@netarx.com<br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

presumably this is from another Unity server you've since removed from the site? If that's the case you need to go into raw mode in Exchange and remove the Unity folder and it's subfolders. The uninstall utility is wired down to be run on the Unity server itself and uninstall everything, it does not (on purpose) touch any object it doesn't determine is owned by the local box its running on.

Be aware that ANY Unity server in your site will use this folder so if you have any other Unity server you're still using here it will be destroyed by this operation. 'nuf said. Here's a post on the folder removal:

lindborg@cisco.com
[url]www.AnswerMonkey.net" target="_new">http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=2913&Search=true&Forum=unityent&Words=raw mode&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=2903[url]

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
[url]www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)