Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Deleting saved messages on a Unity 3.x server that don't exist...

How do I get rid of saved messages that don't really exist? I have a user that had 59 saved messages. He deleted all but 28 and when he gets to what should be 28, he gets dead air. No message is played to delete and it locks up his account. Any utilities or commands that I can use/run to delete these bogus messages? HELP!

Thanks!

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Deleting saved messages on a Unity 3.x server that don't exi

I'd recommend looking into the message issue before just deleting these messages. The diagnostics aren't all that fun, but is there anything showing up in the event log when this person calls in? Does it only happen to this person? Is this a UM or VM site? E55 or E2K? Unity version?

Community Member

I don't even know where to go to delete the messages. I haven't seen anything in the event log. It is only happening to this one person. We are a VMO site with Exchange 2000 and Unity 3.1(1) (for right now). Looking at upgrading to 3.1(5) but am not sure whether we should before we resolve this issue for the user. Big problem is that when we got the system up and we started testing, the CallManager guy (the one who is having this problem) said test with this extension - 2240. Guess who's voicemail extension that is, his. OK, so I know we should have created a test extension and set up some test phones, but I went with his recommendation. Wrong on my part. Anyways, test messages got sent, played with, etc.. from the Example Subscriber to his extension. Then when we actually rolled the system up for real, assigned the right extensions to people, the problem began for this one user. We have gotten rid of the cross linked call handler, but I think that there is a residual message count, but no messages. He can still get messages, and he can delete them down to number 28. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Cisco Employee

I think that this should be resolved before upgrading. I'm not exactly sure what's going on with this, and it would certainly help to get in there and take a look. If there's any way the site can open up WTS access, I can get in there and take a peek. Otherwise, it might be a good idea to contact TAC on this one. At first glance, this issue doesn't seem easily solvable via the Forum.

Community Member

I have WTS setup already, but you cannot access our internal network any way other than via vpn. Don't think they will let me let you past the PIX. At least not at this time. Do you know where the message counters are maintained in Unity? There isn't a utility that will automatically delete all voice messages for a user? Looking for whatever guidance you can give.

Cisco Employee

as Steve said it'd be a really good idea to check the inbox out in Outlook or something... however if you just want to move the messages out of the inbox you can use the Message Store Manager to do that. You can get it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

You can run it against just this one mailbox and have it move the messages to the deleted items folder or to the "unity dumpster" folder it will create off the inbox if you want - this way you can get on with life but someone can still check out the messages later and find out what was causing the problem.

Be sure to check out the help and the training video before rolling with the tool...

Community Member

Isn't that tool for 4.0?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content