cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting Subscribers

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

First off - this site is totally cool, I fully appreciate the time and effort that is put into this. I am supporting AD-120 build 2.4.5.73 and I am seeing something kind of strange, so I thought I would ask you. When the admin tries to delete a subscriber from within the subscriber page of the SA, the computer thinks for a second, the top part of the window turns from black to white, all the buttons grey out and IE just kind of stops. It does not lock up fully, and he can log out and log back in again. When he does the user still shows up as a subscriber. I know that deleting subscribers does not delete Exchange or NT accounts, maybe this is what he is seeing ? We are using IE ver 5.5. He tried it more than once and it did the same thing each time. Any thoughts, Answer Monkey ? <br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Hensontech<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Is this happening for all users they're trying to delete or just a few? It could be that the primary call handler behind the subscriber is already gone (the SA doesn't handle bogus configuration situations very well).

Try grabbing the dbWalker application off my web site and running it in read only mode (i.e. don't use the top two checkboxes) and get a log file dump. Search if for the "(eror)" string and let me know what you find. If there's a bunch of errors (not uncommon) just email me the log file and I'll take a look.

if it's a "stranded mail user" situation, that's easy to clean up (the dbWalker will do it for you). If it's something else (i.e. our access to the custom properties for that mail user has been restricted for some reason) we have a bigger problem at hand.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)