cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

denied access

jns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Subject: denied access <br><br>running v2.4.6.135 neither admins nor subscribers can access saweb. <br>getting the following error message: <br><br>Your Windows Domain Account ["our admin acct"] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber.<br><br>The event log lists the two following 3 error entries:<br>first,<br>Gateway: The call to Directory: FindByDomainAndName failed with [0x80040155] for the NT account ["our admin acct"]<br><br>second,<br>Gateway: Error [0x80040155] retrieving mailboxes associated with NT account: ["our admin acct"]<br><br>third,<br>Gateway: FindCsComponentsEx failed ["our admin acct" 0x80070005][caller is denied access]<br><br><br>Assigning our acct admin to Eadministrator does not work, still cant gain access<br><br>

7 Replies 7

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Could you give us more information on the topology of your network? If you are trying to authenticate across domains, then you are out of luck on 2.4.6. Check this post -
http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=10466&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

1 exchange 55 site, 2 unity 246 servers/switches in different locations. the second unity server is in a resource domain.

the parent domain is a mixed mode w2k and the resource domain is a nt4. all the exchange servers, except the second unity server, are in the parent domain.

we have had this configuration for 2 months with no problems accessing the saweb as adminstrator or as subscribers.

the problem started occurring a day after installing and uninstalling the fulldebexport program. the fulldbexport program failed with a message about the wrong mdac. we had no problem using the fulldbimport for forklifting into the current server over 2 months ago. to my knowledge, no other changes have occurred on the system.

we like to get these problems solved so we can do an export, and migrate on to v3.x

thanks

jns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

after investigating several alternatives, we reinstalled the fulldbexport v1.1.240 again and we regained administrative and subscriber web access.

Not applicable

The only thing I can think of is when you uninstalled the Export utility you opted to have it removed shared files. It installs some MDAC ODBC drivers and perhaps that removed something along the way that caused the SA problems.

In general, never remove shared files (MS doesn't do a real hot job of figuring out if other apps may use those files). Most of my apps install their own copies of everything for this reason but the ODBC drivers don't fall into that category.

Looking at the latest export/import installs on the 3.1(2) CD there are no ODBC/MDAC files included in the setup (or uninstall) for either of these applications so I'm a little puzzled at what may have happened here.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

We've got the same issue here again.

First, reinstalling the export util. fixed the problem, but now it's a week later, and it's happening again.

Just reinstalled the export util. again, and no joy. Tried re-registering the streamhelp.dll file, and no joy there either. What are the specific shared files that might be causing trouble? Any other ideas?

I'm a little confused about why re registering streamhelp.dll would have any effect on an SA access issue (assuming that's the problem you're aluding to here) - that DLL is for converting 2.x STM stream files into WAV files that can be saved and restored as part of the export/import process.

I'm not sure which "same issue" you're jumping on here but it'd probably be a good idea to start your own thread including a full description of the exact problem you're having, your Unity version and all that good stuff.

Just installing FullDBExport shouldn't have had any effect on any MDAC files since it doesn't include the database access libraries in the setup - it assumes you have them on your system already. It lists them as dependencies so when you uninstall it _might_ ask to remove one or two of them which is why it came up on this thread a few months ago in the first place. If you're concerned that you're missing some of these, I'd download MDAC 2.7 off the Microsoft web site (get the full install, not one of the patches they post - the "refresh" version is the one you want) and install that.

Not applicable

When you say the domain Unity is in you mean the PC? or the service account?
From the embedded post stating you must log on in the same doamin unity is in..