Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Deny IP phone to the PSTN

How i can't deny that one IP Phone go to the PSTN.

i want that this ip phone only call Locally with 4 digits.

I have to configure this parameter in the Call Manager??

How i configure this?

2 REPLIES

Re: Deny IP phone to the PSTN

Use partitions/calling search spaces.

There's plenty of info you can get from the cisco website about configuring this.

Bronze

Re: Deny IP phone to the PSTN

You will restrict or allow different call patterns thru Partitions and Calling Search Space (CSS). Each route pattern that you define will be assigned a Partition. For example you might define the four digit dialing route pattern as 2XXX and assigned to the InternalPT. You might define local PSTN dialing as 9.[2-9]XXXXXX and assigned to the LocalPT. Then you might define long distance dialing as 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and assigned to the LDPT. Now you build your CSS and add the appropriate PT's. For example, for internal dialing only, you might build a CCS called InternalCSS and then add the InternalPT to this pattern. For local dialing you could build a CCS called LocalCSS and then add both InternalPT and LocalPT. For Long Distance you could build a LongDistCSS then add InternalPT, LocalPT and LDPT. Then on the phone you assign the appropriate CSS....in your case you would assign the InternalCSS to restrict calls to the PSTN. If you want to allow calls to both internal and local PSTN then assign CSS = LocalCSS.

Hope that helps. Cisco Press has a book out called A Cisco AVVID Solution Cisco CallManager Fundamentals that explains all the above in much better detail.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content