Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

design help

hi

I have 200 sites (school class rooms) each class is not allowed to call another classroom in another site on within site, the problem I have found is that I would need 200 internal partitions and the max for a css in 170, as a managers phone would need to be able to call all classrooms ,

any suggestions

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: design help

Really good questions, but I guess thats the only way....

Use a few letters for partition and CSS as possible. I think there is limitation for partition and CSS base on the letter.

For example:

CCM only support 1000 letters for partition, if you have 10 letters for each partition, then u can create 100 partitions.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Ken

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can apply CSS at device level and line level, so you can build 2 CSSes, apply one to line and one to Device, CCM will concatenate them.

Chris

Bronze

Good idea Chris.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Another idea if you have a hierarchical dial plan is to create translation rules, for example assume 20 out of 200 sites DNs begin with 2, with 4 digit dial-plan you could ctrate a TP of 2XXX and assign a new partition called Xlated_2_PT for example, and assign a CSS that has access only to these 20 sites partions. You do the same for 3, 4, etc. Then at the admin phone you assign CSS that has access to the Xlated_2_PT, Xlated_3_PT, etc. This way you build kind of a hierarchical CSS, you get the point.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content