cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Q.

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

I have got two Branches A, B<br>I have an Exchange ORG Called ABC<br>I have Exchange site A at branch A<br>I have Exchange site B at branch B<br>I need to install Unity 3.0 at branch A. I import users from site A to Unity using AVimport.exe. I need to import users from site B using the same tool since Unity is also responsible for branch B users . Does the utility look at the entire GAL or just the site that is connect to...<br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Aplication Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
4 Replies 4

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

Is that a hard question or nobody has got a chance to look at it..If you please take a look...
Thanx

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

Not applicable

If your are using Exchange 5.5, Unity definitely should only be servicing users for the Exchange site in which it is installed. If the utility shows users from other sites it is a defect. They should not be imported into Unity.

The network connectivity between sites is not reliable enough to support Unity servicing multiple Exchange sites. In 5.5, servers within the same site generally have good network connections, while the connection between sites could be considerably slower and less reliable. Unity has to connect to a server in the same site as the recipient, so it would cause us a lot of grief and performance problems trying to connect over unreliable network connections.

So then I need to have a Unity at site B since site B has got its own site. In the rgistry you could make a change in DALEx\1.00\mailusers...The value for the root can be changed to look at the ORG-->down inplace of Site-->down. However the bottom line is that you are telling me there is no way around that and I need a Unity at site B to service Exchange site B. Is that right

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Aplication Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure

Not applicable

That's correct... this is the only supported configuration you can go with. One Unity cannot support users in other sites. It's been that way since the begining due to some MAPI limitations with sites in 5.5.

2000, of course, is far more open.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: