cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DESKTOP_CFG Problem

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a huge problem! Each Agent maps to a share called Desktop_cfg (this is what Cisco Recommends). One morning I came in and the share was deleted! I am trying to piece files back together, but I do not know which ones I need! Any help would be great!!!!!

All users had the necessary rights to the folder. And the Folder was not set to read only.

THANKS,

CHRIS

3 Replies 3

clachoi
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

What you need is this folder:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Config

To be shared and by default it is Full Control for Everyone during install. Agents need read/write/delete access on this folder to work. Make sure you name the share to be DESKTOP_CFG

Regards,

Clarence

Cisco Systems

I have that folder, but where is the InstalManager.exe. I see it is in the \IM folder, but when I run it from there I get an error reading "Invalid Screen Name"

Hi Chris,

Assuming that you're using CAD 4.x.x for IPCC, then the InstallManager.exe application is in the:

c:\program files\cisco\desktop\base\bin directory.

However, I would recommend that you run InstallManager from the CD, and the 'installed' version of InstallManager has limited functionality on what it can install. It's only really meant as a tool to deploy further desktop clients.

As you have lost your DESKTOP_CFG directory, you will also have lost your license files and LCC config files. You will need to re-run LicenseAdmin to re-install new licenses.

Best regards, Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: