Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dest.pat 1[2,3,4]T , Help needed

Hello,

When putting such dest pattern in voip dial-peer everything works perfectly. But when in pots, it doesnt(I cant debug as of high volume of traffic on it, so I dont know why it fails).

I am using 12.13XI7.

Here is my pots. do I need any additional configuration ?

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 1[2,3,4]T

port 0:1

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: dest.pat 1[2,3,4]T , Help needed

Hi,

i think the problem is, that the first 2 digit (in your example) will be stripped.

Try it with the "no digit-strip " command on the

pots dial-peer.

Regards

Mehmet

Cisco Employee

You probably do want to try the no digit strip to see if that is the issue and you can also change the pattern to 1[2-4]T. That is the same thing as listing out each individual digit. You can specify the range.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

You see I want that digits were stripped... :)

so for example if I dial number 137777, then I want that 5300 sent to PSNT "7777" digits.

same to 127777, 147777.

Cisco Employee

Actually the problem is that the number that matches in the bracket will not be stripped. Only the 1 will be as the bracket is treated as a regular expression. So if you want the number that matches in the bracket to strip you are left with these choices:

If you know the nuber of digits that are coming in you can forward the number of trailing digits with the forward-digits command. say you are getting 6 digits 123456 and you want to send the last 4 you would use

forward-digits 4

If you don't know the number of digits you will receive then you would need to set up 4 dial-peers

with

12T

13T

14T

as destination patterns

Sam

Thank you very much for an answer.

Coming from your answer I have another question...

I think I can use such command 1[2-4]....

So for example user dialed 121234 and I forward 4 digits(by using sugested command), and 5300 dialed 1234.

Now another user dialed 121234#, what will be forwared to the PSTN then ? 234# ?

why I am asking, someting I have some strange letters at the end of the number, or # or * signs.

Cisco Employee

yes 234# will be forwarded # and * are valid digits. Howvere be aware that the # is the default dial-peer terminator so if you want to use it as a digit you need to set dial peer terminator (in global config) to something else (A is usually good). I don't beleive however that # is passed on a PRI-NET5 line as it is interpreted by the gateway as a sending complete when doing overlap receiving.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content