cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination extensions

chuckm
Level 1
Level 1

hey all I need to know how I can have the gatekeeper auto dial an extension for me. It will take me to the Auto Attendant and I need to dial an extension to reach the person i want. Can I some how put a static destination in the dial-peer? Like dial extension 122 when it reaches the gateway?

Here is my current syntax:

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern 2000

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:10.10.10.15

Thanks everyone, this forum is a great place. your all very helpful.

3 Replies 3

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

as long as you don't need to dial ext 2000 directly from off net, you could try a translational pattern at the gateway to change any call for 2000 to go to 122. and you will still be able to dial 2000 from any phone that doesn't need to go thru the gateway.

hope this helps

chuckm
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks David

Actually I should probably re-word that. I want to do this in the router entries. I need to direct destination-pattern 2000 to port 1 or 2 at the gateway of 10.10.10.15. It doesnt know which port to go to when it gets there. so for instance, and i know this isnt correct but something like this:

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern 2000

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:10.10.10.15 port 1 (or port 2)

I just need to direct it to at least 1 of them ports. but the router wont let me put a port address in at the session target.

Hi,

Yes, Cisco do not allow you to configure the voice-port in the VoIP dial-peer. Why don't you add more dial-peer POTS in the far end.

I am not sure to understand your network-diagram clearly. I could help you more if I get it. Please contact me at: tung_tran@saigonpostel.com.vn.

Tung.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: