cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination pattern 4204... how can i prevent from dialing more digits?

_bbb_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a destination pattern of 4204... from my router to my CCM and the CCM has a Pattern of XXX which he accepts. (the router strips the 4204 off)

so in the case the 4204710 get dialed from outside the internal number 710 gets dialed.(thats ok)

But if someone accidently dialed 42047100 the 100 gets dialed.

Is there a "accept only 4204XXX and no more digits feature on the Cisco 3660? "

I read about something like the $ Sign but i dunno if it does the job.

BBB

3 Replies 3

mstotz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

there are two ways to solve your problem. Instead of pointing your destination pattern to 4204... you may use the form ".T". The "T" in this case matches any digit any lenght and the interdigit timeout is used.

After that you have to configure the "num expansion" command (Global Command). It should look like this: "num expansion 4204... ...". The better way would be if you don't configure the num expansion but a translation pattern in the CallManager. The Translation Pattern would look like this. Translation Pattern=4204XXX and Called Party Transfomation Mask=XXX

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g729br8

ip precedence 5

num expansion 4204... ... (Optional)

Bets Regards

Michael

Ps.: Please let me know if it works

yuenme
Level 1
Level 1

In your example, only 710 get dialed, not 100. Dial-peer does not wait for the last digit. 4204 has located the dial-peer. Once it sees 3 more digits, which are 710, a full match is satisfied and it fires. The last 0 is ignored.

If you really want to block the extra-long dial string. I have one bulky solution, not so graceful;

dial-peer voice XXX voip

destination-pattern 4204...T

dial-peer voice YYY voip

destination-pattern 4204....

session target ipv4:non-existing address

In such a way, any call with extra-dial string will get fast busy tone ultimatly. But the huge trade-off is that for all normal call, it has to wait inter-digit timeout before the call is fired.

I'm sure someone has a better solution.

Yuenme

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you are currently using something like:

num-exp 4204 4

on the router. Instead of doing that, it may be best to go ahead and let the router send all the digits of the called number to the CallManager.

On the CallManager, in the config for your H.323 gateway, you can check the Significant Digits checkbox and set the Num Digits to 3. Then the CallManager will only look at the last 3 digits of the called number whenever it receives a call from that gateway.

Alternatively, you can use a Translation Pattern in CCM as someone else suggested.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: