Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Device association limits with AD integration

I understand that when CallManager is integrated to AD, the maximum number of device associations is around 800, as oppose to 2000 when using DCD. What I don't understand is what the CTI Super Provider does.

My interpretation is that it would control all devices in the cluster which is what I need for BLF in a soft switchboard.

This doesn't appear to be the case.

Can anyone enlighten me or let me know if it is possible to associate more than 800 devices?

1 REPLY
Green

Re: Device association limits with AD integration

Hi,

For CallManager 4.1, the list of devices associated with a user is stored in the directory as a multi-valued attribute. If you are using the embedded Cisco CallManager directory, the maximum number of devices that can be associated with a user is 2,000 (2,500 if all subscribers in the cluster are dual-CPU servers). However, Microsoft Active Directory limits the number of values in a multi-valued attribute to 850. Therefore, if you are integrating Cisco CallManager with Microsoft Active Directory, the maximum number of devices you can associate with a user is 850.

As the name suggests, a multivalued attribute is a directory attribute that may have multiple independent values. Multivalued attributes are used by many directory systems, including both NDS eDirectory and Active Directory, to represent such things as group membership, account security policy, and access rights.

HTH

Gonzalo

Views
Helpful
Replies