Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Device IP

I'm trying to get the IP of a device from the callmanager database.

I need a SQL comand to get this information whit the directory number together

Could you help me?

tks

Rodrigo

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Device IP

There is no single SQL command that will get the device IP with the DN. The IP address, because it is static, is not stored in the CallManager SQL database. So you will need a two-step process.

While you may see ip addresses in the device table of the CCM03xx database if they are named that way, that is a user-definable field so you can't expect that, and that only generally applies to H.323 gateways and such anyway.

Look at the devicelistx report for a way to retrieve device ip addresses along with their device name (and other attributes, but not DN):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080405760.html

You can use the device name to then look up it's DNs from the NumPlan table in the CallManager CCM03xx database, such as:

SELECT dnorpattern from numplan np

join deviceNumplanMap dnp on np.fkDevice = dnp.fkDevice join device d on d.pkid = dnp.fkDevice

and d.name = 'SEP...'

and substitute the 'SEP...' string at the end for the device name you wish to look up device information for.

You can do a search of these forums for something like "select numplan" and you will see a number of related posts regarding selecting dial plan information from the SQL databases.

Views
Helpful
Replies