Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Device Loads on CallManger Cluster

I am looking for a document (that I have seen in the past) regarding device loads that are put on a CCM cluster. I need to know more than you can have 7500 phones on a CallManger Cluster, etc. I saw a document that broke down a little more like:

TSP port is equivalent to 5 IP Phones

Skinny devices are equal to 3 IP Phones.

Soft Phone is equal to 3 IP Phones.

Etc. We are trying to determine the amount of devices that can be placed on a CallManager cluster before adding another CallManger.

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Device Loads on CallManger Cluster

See if Chapter 6 of the SRND for 3.1 and 3.2 helps.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/netpro/avvid/iptel_register.html

Regards.

Re: Device Loads on CallManger Cluster

Hi,

The answer to the question raise dis not a on document anser.

You have different platfrm wtih different max phone support with respect to the memory, device wiegths and multiple line appearance on the each phoone.

1. for 7825 you have a maximum phone of 1000

1000 lines supported per server/4000 lines per cluster

This value may change as you add other devices whose device weight need to be consider for the total device weight of 2000 available for 7825

2. for 7835 you have a maximum phone of 2500 and a total device weight of 5000 units

3.for 7845 you have a maximum phone of 7500 and atotal device wight of 10000 units.

Please see this url posted above to see how device weight affect the number of phone that can be configured on a server.

Also note that If you planning for redundancy within a cluster then you can use all the available device capapcity of the CCM and you need to leave room for failover of oither device. This would also affect the number of servers to use.

Regards

Tola.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content