Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

devicelistx.asp - device support?

anyone have a list of supported devices for the devicelistx.asp report?

we are not getting info back for 7910s or 7935s

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: devicelistx.asp - device support?

The list of (currently shipping) supported devices is:

The main purpose of DeviceListX.asp is to help out Berbee and similar vendors with products like Informacast. There was no need or interest in talking to devices that did not support HTTP push to the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801e9e7b.html

If you need a list of all devices, that ASP script could be copied and modified, but a more correct solution would be to use the AVVID XML interface (AXL).

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5453/c1667/ccmigration_09186a00801ed2a8.pdf

Thanks for the info.

The AXL interfaces are nice, but they do not provide the real time IP and registration information that is needed. The only place I have seen that available is through the devicelistx.asp report. If you know of another method I would love to hear about it.

It would be nice if the devicelistx documentation list the what phones it supported and didn't support. There is no mention of that anywhere, which lead people to believe it should work for all phones.

there is another way. i have done it in the past, and can dig out the details if you are interested. it uses a JTAPI program which receives events from the call manager - one of which can be used to determine the phone's ip address. i have attempted to use devicelistx to build a cache of phones to ip address, but because you can only get the entire list (which can be thousands of phones!), it is very unwieldy, not stable and not dynamic enough for what i need. JTAPI allows me to get information about only the phones i am interested in, and the information is updated whenever the phone is used.

the one drawback is that you only receive an event when the phone has been used. if the phone has not been used since the jtapi program started, you wont have access to the address information.

callum

Ok, I found it is pretty simple to add devices into the list checked by devicelistx. It does seem strange that this issue isn't documented anywhere.

To add new devices, just edit the file and add them to the device array list at the start of the file. the device codes are in DBLEnums.asp

The issue going forward is that during upgrades or patches, this file might be overwritten and any changes lost.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content