cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DeviceListX function

Trepper73
Level 1
Level 1

Where can i get this component (DeviceListX) and a method summary. How does it work?

Best regards,

Thomas

12 Replies 12

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

This is documented in the freely downloadable SDK available at the Cisco Developer Services website. Caveat is that you need to be running CCM 3.3(3) to use this API.

www.cisco.com/go/DeveloperServices

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

Actually the URL I gave is wrong.

http://www.cisco.com/go/developersupport

Ummm....it isn't really free. You have to buy it.

Or I'm reading something completely wrong??

Thanks.

Where do i have to buy this and how much does it cost? Is there no other way to get the actually phone-logged-in username into the webserver-script (ASP) ?

thx,

thomas

The DeviceListX functionality comes with CallManager (though not all versions support it), so there is no extra charge for that.

You may also want to investigate the AXL API which allows you to get various configuration information from CallManager in XML format.

As Mr. Shepard noted, the specifications for these interfaces are available through the Cisco Developer Support program. This page gives you a list of support categories: http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Alternatively, you may be able to go directly to the database or LDAP directory to find what you're looking for, though I would suggest using the supplied interfaces wherever possible rather than going direct to the database.

I also found that there is a file (c:\program files\cisco\bin\dblx.dll) that is the main API exposure for the CallManager server. It includes things like DeviceListX as well as all the other fun ones you could ever want to use.

I have been using VB to look at it (add it as a reference then use the Object Browser) but I'm sure all the other languages offer a comparable viewing caapability. It likely has whatever you will need.

Can you tell me how are you using the dblx.dll i mean how did u registered the dll out side the call manager environment to use it in your program.

Thanks in advance

Shyamal

Just copy that dll to a workstation or server and register it using regsvr32.exe.

I am working in VB6, so I added it as a reference to my project and then used the object browser to look at all the methods it exposes.

Hi,

I want to know if i can use DBLX.dll (or others dll's) to make a VB app. that connect to Callmanager (4.1(3) or newer) and Subscribe users (or devices) to our XML Services... because sometimes we need to subscribe a lot of users manually..

CCM Admin don't provide this feature... We don't want users subscribe services via CCMUser website.

Is that possible?

Cause i trying to register DBLX.dll, but doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!

just use AXL SOAP, you can give a phone a list of subscriptions.

(you always have to enter all services, not just the ones you add)

I made a tool(sorry, not free) that can bulk subscribe services to users via a csv file.

we normally use that for i.e. new deployments whith Personal Address Book/Personal Fast Dials as these can not be added via BAT as they need unique parameters...

And to answer "I want to know if i can use DBLX.dll (or others dll's) to make a VB app. that connect to Callmanager (4.1(3) or newer) and Subscribe users (or devices) to our XML Services" - no you cannot. You need to use AXL which is a webservice.

Ok,

Thanks for reply!

Cheers..!