cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices fail to register

mmcgille
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue at a client where every couple of days, phones are unable to register with CM. They are fine as long as they don't get reset/restarted... but if I do reset them, they are stuck with "registering" on the screen and never are able to register.

I have solved the problem the last couple times by stopping and starting ccm.exe on the offending server (it has happened on both my subscribers at different times).

Obviously this isn't the best solution. Any ideas as to what might be causing the issue?

Thanks,

Matt

6 Replies 6

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Do you see TFTP Timeout message as well?

Hi,

No TFTP timeout at all - sniffer capture shows that it contacts TFTP fine, then subscriber fine. All of a sudden, the phone sends an "unregister" request to the subscriber. Then the registration process starts all over again.

I found that after about 1.25 hrs of waiting and watching, the phone finally registered.

Do you have this problem in a remote branch or on the same switch the callmanager is connected to?

I believe its a routing issue

It happens with all phones regardless of location. One of the phones is plugged into the same switch (on the same VLAN as well) as the call manager.

mallen
Level 1
Level 1

Is the TFTP service only running on one ccm server? We've seen this behavior when multiple TFTP services are running.

Hi,

Had this problem on 3.2.2c SPF. Went to SP G and the problem has not recurred.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: