Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt

I have a single phone on a CCM Ver 4.1.3 that is causing several event messages shown below.

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 0

Device name [Optional].:

Device IP address.: 172.30.10.112

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 6

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: CLV1WCM01-Cluster

Node ID: 172.30.1.10

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

The issue is that when a call is attempted to the DN on the IP side, it is directed to VM. When a call is attempted from outside the IP system, the call is completed to the DN. I also saw this error in a trace.

05/10/2002 08:05:52.667 CCM|ForwardManager - processDbFwdUpdateInd - ERROR - DB_ADD_ENTRY - Entry for Dn= 6717 NOT Added - Record from DB Contains no Forwards, or Group Pickups Number|<CLID::CCM Name-Cluster><NID::XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX><CT::2,100,115,1.3545><IP::><DEV::>

I have moved and tested the connectivity to the phone (local network connection) and also have even changed IP phones with no change in results.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt

CallManager does not know type of device. This is indicated by "Device type. [Optional]: 255". So first delete the device from CCM and try to register again with CCM. A Reason code of '6' means its connectivity error.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content