Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP requirements for CAll Manager

Do Cisco or anybody have definitive information on the DHCP requirements when scaling up Call Manager.

Currently I have been using one of the CM Servers for this purpose but would like to know the Cisco ruling as It is not really mentioned anywhere?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: DHCP requirements for CAll Manager

I have not seen any docs on this but I would recommend keeping DHCP services off your CallManagers if at all possible. You can decrease the network load on the server, and avoid loss of network service for clients if a CCM goes down. For example, I saw a situation where DHCP was running on one CCM but when it failed over the clients had no place to go for DHCP.

Re: DHCP requirements for CAll Manager

The problem is that we provide a managed service and as such prefer not to use any DHCP service that belongs to the customer. For small to medium size networks I would like to use the existing server and avoid additional hardware expense. The default DHCP lease lasts 8 days, I would expect that if the Call Manager failed we would have it fixed long before any lease expired

Views
Helpful
Replies