cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Diagnosing/Correcting On-Net Echo Problems?

jmatteo
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.3(2)

Having issues in several buildings with Internal (IP phone to IP Phone) LAN calls experiencing echo.

QoS configs have been verified to be correct by TAC. Some locations are running CAT3 cable certified at 10/Full.

Any suggestions on how/where to start troubleshooting this issue? I enabled "Call Diagnostics" in the Enterprise parameters to try to get some Call info into CDR but I'm not quite sure where to look to check for dropped packets/jitter, etc.

Anyone out there ever experienced the same issues?

5 Replies 5

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

While a call is active, press the 'i' button twice on the ip phone, and you will get a display showing Rx/Tx packets, jitter etc.

I would've thought you should be running cat5e, or at least cat5. Have you tried using these cables to see if it makes any difference?

Problem is not limited to CAT3 locations. Yes...should be all CAT5 or higher but customer is tight on funds. After some additional research, may be tied to network w/ (3) 6509's...only 1 is currently performing routing. May be a routing delay between the 3 Cat's. Environment is not ideal...

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running CM 3.3.2 SP C, that also is running into a similar issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

No, the issue has not been resolved. I replied to your other post regarding this problem. I am going to make my local CSE aware of this issue and hopefully we can get some answers.