Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dial 0 or 0# to Reception

In CCM 3.1.3, several phone DNs are "0xxx" and the reception DN is "0". Customer just wants dial 0 or 0# to reception.

But when dial 0, get to reception after 12-13 seconds. when dial 0# will hear fastbusy tone.

Based on Cisco document, CCM should support "#" to cancel inter-digit timeout.

Any comments?

3 REPLIES

Re: Dial 0 or 0# to Reception

is your recption part of your call manager setup (ie an ext on it) or is it external. because you have extensions that begin with 0 then the callmanager will wait for the interdigit timeout before forwarding calls, one way to do it would be to give your reception another DN ie 2xxx then route 0# to it and remove the trailing #. i don't think call manager supports # within a DN but i could be wrong as i haven't tried it

I have actually used 00 with call manager 3.0(12) to get to the receptionist. We used tranlation patterns because we have several schools that have their own receptionist. However I have been having problems with 3.2.2c doing the same thing.

Larry

It is a good practice to never use extesions in the 0XXX range for this very reason. Once you use "0" as a digit to your operator, you would effectively eliminate anything following the "0" as a valid extension 0xxx. To save time later on you should change your existing extensions to something like 1000 - 1999. Just a suggestion. This is a basic numbering scheme scheme problem

Views
Helpful
Replies