Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dial a non subscriber extension from the opening greeting

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have a Scenario where the majority of the Call Manager phones do not have voicemail, however, I need external callers to be able to transfer to these extensions by dialing them from the opening greeting. I created all call handler, assigned it the extension of the phone I want to dial, set it to transfer to the phone number, but when I dial the number from the opening greeting, I keep getting the default voicemail of the call handler. It won't transfer to the phone. What am I missing here?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: dial a non subscriber extension from the opening greeting

as a test, take one of the call handlers and activate the alternate transfer rule (there are three for call handlers - the alternate over rides all others)... set it to do a release transfer to the number you want and give that a try.

If that doesn't work, we'll take a look at some status monitor output to see what's going on under the covers...

That seemed to do it. But I'd like to undestand a little better exactly why this worked.

Cisco Employee

Which rule were you using? If the standard rule is in effect sometimes folks have a schedule associated with the handler that leavs that rule not active.

There's also been the occasional problem with the standard transfer rule somehow being disabled in Unity - which should be impossible... that rule should always be active and you aren't allowed to disable it. However somehow or another this happens from time to time. I'm releasing a new version of dbWalker with dozens of new features here in a week or so that will include logic to check all transfer and messaging (greeting) rules and make sure the standard rule is active as it shoudl be and fix it on the fly if it's not.

If you're curious to see if that's what the issue is on your system, ping me at "lindborg@cisco.com" and I'll send you the updated dbWalker and we can take a look at the output.

Cisco Employee

Just as a follow up...

This turned out to be a situation where the alternate contact rules were enabled for these call handlers and they were configured to not transfer, but to go to the greeting. My bad for not thinking to check that - this is the default configuration for newly created call handlers.

Disabling the alternate contact rule did the trick.

Views
Helpful
Replies