Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial By Name Directory - 1 key not offering the subscribers in the alpha ra

Good Morning,

In mu production Unity (3.1(5)), from my Dial By Name Directory, I can hit key 3, the system will tell me how many users are in the system under letter, d.

When I hit key 6, the system asks me to input more letters. If I input MA, wants more.

If I input MAT, the system offers me those names.

Where can I adjust the parameters for this key, spo that the system will list all the Ms

etc.

Thanks,

Luba M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is actually dictated by the maximum number of matches in the return set - in 3.1(5) this is set to 8. If the number of matching names is greater than 8 then it comes back and asks you to get more specific. Wading through huge lists of returned names is not ideal which is why this limit is there.

There isn't anywhere this value is exposed for editing that I know of - it's stored in the NameLookupHandler table in SQL. If you have some of that Lewis and Clark in you, you can update this value on your own using the query below - I caution you, however, to not make the match list TOO long - it'll be ugly for folks to have to deal with lists of 50 matches for instance, but if you want to bump it up a few there shouldn't be any problem with that.

To update this on your box you can enter this query into SQL Query Analyzer (if you don't have that you can download the latest version of CUDLE which has it's own Query Builder built in from here: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CUDLE.htm):

UPDATE NameLookupHandler SET MaxMatches=12

There's only one name lookup handler in 3.1(5), there are multiple ones for 4.0(1) and later - folks reading this thread later may wish to change this on a particular handler so their query might look like this:

UPDATE NameLookupHandler

SET MaxMatches=12

WHERE Alias='myLookupHandler'

And, of course, this isn't supported by TAC... just soz ya know. Yes, this is pretty safe and, in fact, this value _used_ to be adjustable on the SA (I'm unsure why it was removed). However, it's always a good idea to backup your system before doing anything in SQL -land... snag yourself the latest version of DiRT of CiscoUnityTools and grab a snapshot of your system.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is actually dictated by the maximum number of matches in the return set - in 3.1(5) this is set to 8. If the number of matching names is greater than 8 then it comes back and asks you to get more specific. Wading through huge lists of returned names is not ideal which is why this limit is there.

There isn't anywhere this value is exposed for editing that I know of - it's stored in the NameLookupHandler table in SQL. If you have some of that Lewis and Clark in you, you can update this value on your own using the query below - I caution you, however, to not make the match list TOO long - it'll be ugly for folks to have to deal with lists of 50 matches for instance, but if you want to bump it up a few there shouldn't be any problem with that.

To update this on your box you can enter this query into SQL Query Analyzer (if you don't have that you can download the latest version of CUDLE which has it's own Query Builder built in from here: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CUDLE.htm):

UPDATE NameLookupHandler SET MaxMatches=12

There's only one name lookup handler in 3.1(5), there are multiple ones for 4.0(1) and later - folks reading this thread later may wish to change this on a particular handler so their query might look like this:

UPDATE NameLookupHandler

SET MaxMatches=12

WHERE Alias='myLookupHandler'

And, of course, this isn't supported by TAC... just soz ya know. Yes, this is pretty safe and, in fact, this value _used_ to be adjustable on the SA (I'm unsure why it was removed). However, it's always a good idea to backup your system before doing anything in SQL -land... snag yourself the latest version of DiRT of CiscoUnityTools and grab a snapshot of your system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: