Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial By Name Option

Hi,

I am running Unity 3.1.5. For some reason, when I forward a message, the prompts to the dial by name option or extension comes up, I enter the name or extension followed by #, press 1 to add more names, if I choose the same option as I used for the first only, it's fine. But, if I choose to change to either extension or dial by name, (press ## to flip between, it does not allow me to flip). I press ## but it reads # only and says the message is sent. Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Luba M

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My first guess would be the double key press time is too short and you can't get the second pound entered before Unity acts on the first one. You can adjust this in the Advanced Settings Tool in the tools depot on your desktop - the setting in question is the "Set 'double key press' time" option. By default in 3.1(5) I think it was 250 milliseconds (it may have been bumped up, I can't remember when that decision was made). I'd crank it to 500 and try it again.

Thanks,

I changed the milliseconds to 500 and have tested with my testmailboxes and it works. I have asked my contact totest but I don't expect that she will have any problems.

As always, You are my Hero!!!!

Luba M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: