Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dial Extension for user

CCM 3.1<br>TSP 3.0.2<br>Unity 3.0<br><br>I have two Unity servers, each server running off diffrent CCM clusters. The Unity servers have been configued with E2K, SQL 2000, and Unity 3.0. Both servers have been entered within the same "Dialing Domain" so that you can do lookups for individuals that don't reside on the Unity system you are currently intefacing with. <br><br>The problem that I am having that if I dial in to Unity server A and get the opening greeting were it tells you to select 4 for the corporate directory or enter the Extention of the user you are looking for. If I enter an Extention of a user that resides on Unity Server B, The system responds back that "It does not recognize the subsriber". if I go to the corporate directory I am able to do a lookup by last name and then transfer the call that way. <br><br>I thought the SQL servers replicated location ID's, and Directory information, according to the documentation that I have read, it looks like you should be able to do this.<br><br><br><br>

11 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Dial Extension for user

What is your Dial ID for location B? Does dialing the Dial ID + Extension ring the phone? It sounds like you have the addressing method configured correctly for global lookups.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Do I have to enter the dial id and then the extention????

I thought this was the whole concept behind dialing domains and the SQL replication that takes place.

Another question....

With Unity 3.0, If you have Exchange 2000 servers within the same site, And if you are utilizing SQL 2000 on each server is there a way to replicate Call Handlers from Unity server A to Unity server B. I have several Call Handlers that need to be set up and they need to be implemented on both Unity servers.

Sorry, but no tool is available to do this.
I have heard a rumour about a tool for creating audio decision trees being worked on by the AnswerMonkey development team. But it could take some time.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Well... the tool Anil is talking about is the much anticipated Audio Text Manager(tm) but that's not what you want... it's for quickly creating large and complex audio text applications, not copying and reproducing existing ones.

I do have a call handler import/export tool on the 2.x tools page, but it wont work with 3.0, on 2.x.

When I get back from Greece (hello from Athens by the way) I'll look into what it would take to convert this type of tool over to SQL. I'll let you know.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

The CallHandler tools sound really cool. Can't wait. Back to my origianl question. If you have two unity servers and you want to dial an individual on server B while dialed into server A, should Unity 3.0 recognize the extention (Based on location ID, etc witin SQL) and ring that subscriber on Server B.

I don't want to be a pest about this topic, but from reading the documentation it seems that this should work. In unity 2.4.x It seems you had to dial a location ID to get transfered to another Unity server, and then you could enter extension to ring the subscriber.

I think this is important since our customer is running 3000+ users on 3 diffrent Unity servers within the same dialing domain. We wanted input for the enduser to be as seamless as possible.

Thanks for your help

Anonymous
N/A

3.0 doesn't have a method in the SA for enabling expanded auto attendant search scope. Check Chapter 6 of Jeff's Network Design Doc for details. You can enable this feature with a registry setting.

HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\Conversations\1.0\PhoneTransfers. Key name is “Auto Attenant Transfers” and is a DWORD. 1 will allow transfers to subscribers off box but in the same dialing domain (hard coded to release transfers) and 0 will only allow transfers to subscribers on the local box.

You might want to see if answermonkey's Registry tool can help you here -- it makes registy edits a lot less complicated.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

Same question, except:

CM 3.0.11
Unity 2.4.6.135
TSP 1.0.0.39

Anonymous
N/A

In 2.4.6 you need to dial the prefix for the location.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

Scott,

Dialing the prefix works for forwarding voicemail, but not for transferring to an extension during a greeting.

thanks, Lee

Anonymous
N/A

Networking in 2.x does not include transfers, it only includes message addressing from subscribers to other subscribers. 3.x inclues the concept of transfers (auto attendant) that Scott mentions as well as name lookup handlers... this all falls in and around the Dialing Domain concept added in 3.0. Check out the Networking Overview document on the general tools page on AnswerMonkey, it should clear some of this up for you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies