cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial from external # to Call manager and make outbound call on PRI line

auraycats
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating a group of conventional pabx user to IPT/call manager. Currently, the pabx supports DISA (dial into a did # in pabx from home/public phone, after authentication, the caller can make outbound call on PRI line. The caller will enjoy the company agreed tariff program with PTT. Does Call manager V4.0 support similar features like conventional pabx. where to find the template to create this functions in Call manager? Does this feature in Call manager needs other telephony modules work together (i.e. Unity call handler)and provide similar features like DISA.. Need guidance from expert in this area.

Au Ray

Singapore

2 Replies 2

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a 'canned' answer I found on an internal Cisco posting to the same question, plus a possible solution using Unity -

CallManager 4.x and 5.x do not natively support DISA. It is too much of a security risk for toll fraud without some method to authenticate callers. The options to enable DISA-like functionality in a CCM environment are:

1) Remote System Access feature of Cisco Mobility Manager solution - available today

The System Remote Access feature requires "H.323 Hairpinning" which makes use

of the VXML application for authentication of caller identity. This can only be used by a matching Dial-peer. MGCP does not allow access to VXML dial-peers to do Remote Access functions.

The "H.323 hairpin" option as described in the Installation Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6567/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080645bc0.html#wp1135473

2) Wait for a future CallManager release where this feature will be available

natively.

3) You can configure IP Contact Center (IPCC) software in conjunction with

Cisco CallManager in order to achieve this

functionality.

Some other alternatives are creating custom TCL scripts on a router, where the router is able to perform the intended functions.

The Unity system transfers feature will allow you to have a DISA functionality.

This was introduced with Unity 4.0(4)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/404/release/note/cu404rn.html#wp118261

You can have the users call into a Unity system and route them to the subscriber system transfer conversation. This will force them to validate their ID and will use the subscribers restriction table to

define what numbers they can dial out to.

tks a lot. I will review the docments and make recommendation to my management.

Au Ray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: