Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dial from ITS to CM

I have many remotes(ITS 2.1) trying to connect to a home Call Manager(3.3).

I have the dial peers to the cm on the its router.

What do I have to do for the Call Man?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: dial from ITS to CM

Configure a h.323 gw on callmanager with the ip address of ITS router.

When the Cisco IOS gateway has multiple active IP interfaces, some of the H.323 signaling may be sourced from one IP address and other parts of it may reference a different source addresses. This can generate various kinds of problems, one of them being one-way audio.

To get around this problem, the H.323 signaling can be bound to a specific source address, which can belong to a physical or virtual interface (loopback). The command syntax to use under the interface configuration mode is h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr . Configure this command under the interface with the IP address that the Cisco CallManager points to so for example a loopback on the ITS router.

Then create a route-pattern in Callmanager 51XX associate with the new h.323 GW so CM knows where to route these calls .

On your ITS box i assume you have dial-peer similar to this one pointing to CM

voice 77 voip

destination pattern XXXX the range on DN's CM handles

session target ipv4:X.X.X.X CM address

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

Silver

The configuration suggested will work. Do realize that ITS interaction with callmanager does have some problems currently. REgarding ringback or other progress tones, and when you try to invoke transfers, conferences etc. These issues are being addressed and will come out in IOS hopefully soon.

However for basic calling features. These configurations will work.

2 REPLIES

Configure a h.323 gw on callmanager with the ip address of ITS router.

When the Cisco IOS gateway has multiple active IP interfaces, some of the H.323 signaling may be sourced from one IP address and other parts of it may reference a different source addresses. This can generate various kinds of problems, one of them being one-way audio.

To get around this problem, the H.323 signaling can be bound to a specific source address, which can belong to a physical or virtual interface (loopback). The command syntax to use under the interface configuration mode is h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr . Configure this command under the interface with the IP address that the Cisco CallManager points to so for example a loopback on the ITS router.

Then create a route-pattern in Callmanager 51XX associate with the new h.323 GW so CM knows where to route these calls .

On your ITS box i assume you have dial-peer similar to this one pointing to CM

voice 77 voip

destination pattern XXXX the range on DN's CM handles

session target ipv4:X.X.X.X CM address

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

Silver

The configuration suggested will work. Do realize that ITS interaction with callmanager does have some problems currently. REgarding ringback or other progress tones, and when you try to invoke transfers, conferences etc. These issues are being addressed and will come out in IOS hopefully soon.

However for basic calling features. These configurations will work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content