Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial In Conference Bridge

Hello all. We have CCM 4.1(3)sr1 and Unity. We currently have a pub and a sub and have each configured as a software conference bridge for meetme's and adhoc's. Is it possible with this equipment to set up a permanent conference bridge that we can map and external DID that we can give to users to join a repeating weekly conference? If not, what is needed to make this happen, or can you direct me to the docs to find out? Thanks

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dial In Conference Bridge

I am sorry, I dont understand what you mean by static.

The meetme numbers once configured stay permanent until u delete them. The conference host has to initiate the bridge by pressing meetme soft key and dial the meetme number. Callers from outside gets connected to the bridge as they dial the DID.

5 REPLIES

Meetme number can be configured as its DID number itself (9725425900 for callers calling from outside. Telco sends 5900 to your PRI, 5900 is a meetme number)

or

you can create a Translation pattern which maps to a Meetme number. The Translation pattern could be a DID number. So your meet me number in this case will be a non-DID number say 5800. You create a translation pattern 5900 (which is a DID number) and translate that to 5800.

The conference host should dial 5900 at the right time of the conference so that people calling in will be added to the bridge.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Thanks Sankar! So I would be able to have a conference bridge with the software version that comes with CCM?

CCM conf bridge is software only, so you can do g711 conferences only. If a call comes in from a gateway that falls in a region that uses g729 codec, then you will need a transcoder in this case.

Also, sorry for the flood of questions, can meet me numbers be static for this weekly call?

I am sorry, I dont understand what you mean by static.

The meetme numbers once configured stay permanent until u delete them. The conference host has to initiate the bridge by pressing meetme soft key and dial the meetme number. Callers from outside gets connected to the bridge as they dial the DID.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content