Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial in from pstn and get dial tone from CallManager

Hello All,

I want to be enable users to dial in from the pstn and then provide dial tone from the callmanager and allow them to dial back out. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Rimon Vallavanatt

4 Replies 4

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

For the one customer I had who needed this, I modified the simple "IP Auto Attendant" application that comes with CallManager Extended Services to take up to 20-something digits intead of the lower default it has (you only need to change one variable in the CRA Application Editor). I then configured an unlisted extension in the Unity auto-attendant to transfer to IP/AA as a PIN or code of sorts. They could then enter up to 20-something digits preceded by a 9 into IP/AA and IP/AA would transfer them to that destination.

This is by no means elegant, but it worked. If somebody else has a more elegant solution, I would be delighted to hear it.

Hello,

Thanks you for your response. Could you elaborate? Does the call come into the unity and then get transfered to the IP/AA? If that is the case does the caller initially dial all 20 digits or are they somehow provided with dialtone when transfered to the IP/AA? The more detail, the better.

Thanks,

Rimon

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

Easy, setup an H.323 gateway and don't put the direct-inward-dial option on the incoming dial-peer, this will give you a dial tone. You can then dial anywhere you have dial-peer statements for. If you do setup the gateway properly, you don't even need Call Manager.

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Just take care that not the whole world uses your system as "bill-reducer".

This could be a rather expensive experience if some bad guys get access to "your dial tone".

Cheers,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: