Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial Pattern for Local Calls on CM

Guys here is my problem. My country uses a 7 digit number for local calling (and 1+the 7 digit number for long distance calling). I have a H.323 gateway with couple FXO ports connected to the PSTN. I configured a dial-peer POTS with a pattern of 9XXXXXX and send it out to each FXO port's on my H.323 gateway. In my CM I configured the same 9XXXXXX and send it out to the H.323 gateway. For some reason the CM is only sending out the the last six digits to the Gateway, so the call fails. However if I use a transformation such a 9xxxxxx to 99xxxxxx, which simple prepends a 9 to the number it goes through. What am I not doing right. Thanks in advance for any help given. Best regards.

3 REPLIES

Re: Dial Pattern for Local Calls on CM

Actually it may be the router.

Dial-peer statements for POTS ports strip off the matching digits and send everything afterwards unless you specify forward digits all in the dial-peer. So if your Dial-peer is matching 9......, then the 9 will be stripped.

If you still think it's call manager then have a look at the route patterns, are they 9.XXXXXX or are they 9XXXXXX, and if they are the first are you stripping pre-dot, as this would cause it to happen.

Paul

Do you mean 9...... on the dial-peer? If you do you will only send the wildcard matches. Add the commnand foward-digits all to the dial-peer.

Thanks guys...it is working now.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content