cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial peer down

happykiran
Level 1
Level 1

My dial-peer configuration is given below. When I give "show dial-peer voice" command. It shows that the operational state of dial-peer 3 is down. How to bring it up ? Any other reasons if it is down ?

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 00............

session target ipv4:195.54.247.126

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 00T

direct-inward-dial

port 6/0:D

!

dial-peer voice 3 voip

incoming called-number .

Please suggest

-Kiran

2 Replies 2

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Why do you define the same dial-peer voice voip .What is 195.54.247.126 (is it a Call Manager or an another router , ... ???)

You can always bring up you second dial-peer with the preference command in the dial-peer .

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number .

preference 1

!

dial-peer voice 3 voip

incoming called-number .

preference 2

It is used normally when you have multiple BRI or PRI Access to go externally and so you define a priority in your dial-peer

Olivier

Not applicable

Oliver ,.........I need your help and idea for my problem

I designed a network for my collegue. The applications are Voice and Data. I used Cisco router 3640 series with E1 Voice Card to deliver voice. IP and IP are used in data application. The connection is point to point. No problem for data transmission .But for voice service is not working well. Especially when peak time, bandwidth is used by data transmission. This condition affect voice quality. The quality is degrade. I have set ip presedence 5 on the dial-peer and rsvp, but the qualtiy is still bad. In busy time, call is connected but voice call is bad for one way, and good for another.

I am very appreciated for help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: