cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Peer Help!! Going NUTS

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Can any one make some suggestions on dial-peers...

I have a T1 PRI and Two Callmanagers

I have DID with 570-85xx range but the phone company send only 3 digits so I translate incomming numbers to add the 8.

Here is what I have right now.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

preference 1

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 85..

progress_ind setup enable 3

session target ipv4:192.168.0.15

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 101 voip

preference 2

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 85..

session target ipv4:192.168.0.20

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:23

!

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

preference 1

destination-pattern .T

forward-digits all

!

The issue I am having now, if some one dials a 7 digit number starting with 85 the call will not go through... for example if I were to dial 8571000 the number should go out through the PRI line, but the voice dial-peers are catching it first...

7 Replies 7

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Jeff, here is what I am doing.

dial-peer voice 80 voip

destination-pattern ....

session target ipv4:172.16.11.10

codec g711ulaw

no vad

And then I use translation patterns for the DID numbers.

hope this helps,

geoff

I have the Translation down ok. Its just the dial-peer matching that is not working. If I set my destination-pattern to .... none of my calls go through...

try 3 dots. looks like you have 4 dots above.

Im translating my 3 digits into 4. The wierd thing is if I try to match .... all my outgoing calls match.

one way to get round this is to get your provider to send more digits ie 4 so that your dial peer can be 8... (for example) which would then match your extension DN's

or if you are using 9 for an outside line let your dial peers strip the 9 and not the call manager so the dial peers will never clash

hope this helps

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

Why not just use a translation pattern in call manager??. Let the 3 digit extension come through the gateway.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Jeff,

I'm pretty amazed that you have ANY incoming calls bearing in mind you said the telco was only sending 3 digits. Your dial peers show incoming calls begining 85 should go to call manager but by my reckoning and your message incoming calls will begin with 5 so how it works I don't know.

Anyway, the problem you have is that you specifically point any number begining 85 to call manager, the number of .... after the number is irrelevant.

based on what you said the dial peer should look like this

dial-peer voice 100 voip

preference 1

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 5..

session target ipv4:192.168.0.15

no vad

routing numbers beigining with 5

Then you can set up a dial peer to route 85. numbers out of the PSTN port.

but what I can't understand is why not do it all on call manager it would be so easy set up a dial peer like this

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9.

direct-inward-dial

and prefix all calls with a 9 that are destined for the PSTN from call manager. Call manager dials en-bloc so you don't need the timeout in (or any of ) dial-peer 2. The 9 would also be used as a routing digit only and not be sent to the PSTN.

paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: