Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

dial-peer question

I have a 3640 gateway with a E1 connection, and 2 fxs ports connected to fax machine. i have a dial-peer match 9T then pass to port ser2/0:15 which is connected to pstn. Call manager will do the filter say who can make idd call then pass the dialed digit to gateway. it is working fine.

however for my local connected fxs port, callmanager does not have any control, ( the 2 fxs port are comming from the same number range as the E1 trunk) cause at the local gateway it will match the 9T pattern and go out.

ppl can use fax to make idd call directly.

How can i restrict one of the fxs port from making idd call?

Thanks in advance.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: dial-peer question

One thing you can do is set an access code in a call manager translation pattern and explicitly define the dial peer on the gateway with the access code, then have the dial peer strip the access code.

Re: dial-peer question

Configure a dial-peer voip to send 9 to call manager then configure a dial-peer pots with a different access code to the PSTN. Then configure call manager to strip 9 from outgoing calls and prefix it with the new access code. Best to do it in route groups and route lists so that users can't see the new access code.

Now when you dial 9 on the fax machine, the router sends the call to call manager which applies calling search space permissions to the gateway and sends the call back out (or not) with the new access code.

paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.