cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Dial-peers

I am piloting IPT.

I have successfully configured two remote sites and they are able to talk to each other using this method.

Site A has numbers 287xx assigned to the phones

Site B has numbers 288xx assigned to the phones

I have configured a H323 Intercluster Gateway which is the Remote Call Manager.

On call manager A I have configured a Route pattern that routes any call that matches 288xx to the Gateway (Remote Call Manager B)

On call manager B I have configured a Route pattern that routes any call that matches 287xx to the Gateway (Remote Call Manager A)

Everything works fine.

My question is.

Using the dial-peer command I thought it was possible to configure a 2600 router (Correct IOS installed) to act as a H323 Gateway and select that.

On call manager A I have added the 2600 router as a H323 Gateway and pointed the route pattern 288xx to this gateway.

On call manager B I have added the 2600 router as a H323 Gateway and pointed the route pattern 287xx to this gateway.

On the 2600 router I have used the following commands

RouterA

Dial-peer voice 28800 voip

destination-pattern 288..

session target ipv4:10.201.240.254 <--- this is the 2600 on site B

RouterB

Dial-peer voice 28700 voip

destination-pattern 287..

session target ipv4:10.201.140.254 <--- this is the 2600 on site A

I get a number unavailable tone

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Barry Hart

2 REPLIES

Re: Dial-peers

we had the same problem, call manager clusters need to talk to each other via intercluster trunks so if you use ios gateways basically the call managers do not know where the call has come from. if you have to sites connected via a WAN you do not need a H323 gateway this is only needed to talk to the pstn or a PBX etc

hope this helps

dave

Cisco Employee

Re: Dial-peers

It seems to me like you are trying to tandem switch voip calls on a router. You can't do this and really don't need to. For intercluster calls point the gateway at each of the other callmanager IP addresses. You don't need to send the call to the router. The only time you would really send the call to the router is if it had a voice interface that you wanted to send the call out. The would be a voip to pots call. You can't do voip to voip calls on a normal gateway.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content