Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plan for INDIA

joel.paulraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi netpros,

We are implementing a VoIP solution for an organization in INDIA, I have got very less info about the INDIAN DIAL PLAN, can someone help me on this. Are there a standard set of emergency nos. / Local nos. for (Chennai) / LD calls and Intl. calls.

Appreciate any help!

Joe

AT&T

7 Replies 7

Wilfred Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Joe,

In Chennai the local numbers are 8 digits.

Cell numbers are 10 digits.

For National Calls: Most of the metro cities have 3 digit area code followed by the number. From these 3 digits first digit is always 0.

I would advice here to create either a dial peer or route pattern with 0[1-9]! or something like that for national calls

For International the first 2 digits are always 00

Emergency numbers :

Hi,

You can only have closed user group in INDIA,you cant integreat your pstn switch and your voip switch,please take care about that.

Thanks

Aman

Thanks Guys,

This is what I have kind of put together...

Emergency

---------

PATTERN / DESCRIPTION

100 POLICE

9.100 POLICE

101 FIRE

9.101 FIRE

102 AMBULANCE

9.102 AMBULANCE

Local (CHENNAI)

---------------

PATTERN / DESCRIPTION

9.[235]XXXXXXX 9+8 DIGIT LOCAL CALLING

9.9[2-9]XXXXXXXX 9+10 DIGIT LOCAL MOBILE CALLING

Long Distance

-------------

PATTERN / DESCRIPTION

9.0[1-9]XXXXXXXXX 9+11 DIGIT LONG DISTANCE CALLING

9.09[2-9]XXXXXXXX 9+11 DIGIT LONG DISTANCE MOBILE CALLING

International

-------------

PATTERN / DESCRIPTION

9.00! INTERNATIONAL CALLING

Please verify.

Also what is the usual Outside access code in India (if possible for chennai) here in the US it is 9.

Thanks,

Joel

The outside access code is just for simulating the trunk access code in the PBX world. You dont need to pass it to the outside world. Also make sure on all these patterns, you strip the 9 if using a MGCP gateway (discard digits :Predot), or pass the 9 if using a H323 gateway (discard digits : none)

Also on international pattern, i may suggest adding a 9.00!# (with discard digits - predot, trailing #). This will help prevent people from waiting for inter digit timeout to timeout...

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate all posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Shankar,

Thanks, I've taken care of the strip digits part.

My question was in the US the standard Outside access code is 9, I wanted to know if there is a standard access code in India, because I've seen people using 0 or 8 as the access code when I used to work there.

Joe.

AT&T

Aman,

I din't understand what you mean by Closed user group, Are you talking about the legalities of using PSTN to make international calls. Please explain.

Joe

Wilfred Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Joel,

Your below config for local wont work in all cases. There are numbers begining with 4 also here.

Local (CHENNAI)

---------------

PATTERN / DESCRIPTION

9.[235]XXXXXXX 9+8 DIGIT LOCAL CALLING

9.9[2-9]XXXXXXXX 9+10 DIGIT LOCAL MOBILE CALLING

So for local 9.[2-7]xxxxxxx 9+8 DIGIT Calling

For long distance youdont have to specify a seprate pattern for mobile as both long distance and longdistance mobile have 11 digits in it. So u can eliminate the long distance mobile.

Long Distance

-------------

PATTERN / DESCRIPTION

9.0[1-9]XXXXXXXXX 9+11 DIGIT LONG DISTANCE CALLING

9.09[2-9]XXXXXXXX 9+11 DIGIT LONG DISTANCE MOBILE CALLING