cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial softbutton in missed calls menu issue

gruiz
Level 1
Level 1

I have'nt been able to find a simple solution to this problem. Please let me know if somebody has the answear to this issue:

I have to dial 9 to make outside calls. When I go to the directory, ang get in the Missed Called menu, I can see the missed calls both internal and external. If I press dial to one of the external numbers that appear in the list I get a fast busy because there is no 9 in the beginning of the number. I have to edit the number with the editdial softbutton and add the 9 to the number. Internal calls work fine because I don't need to dial 9.

What can I do so that I press dial and the call can be made without editing the number (for both internal & external).

Thanks

4 Replies 4

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

To get the phone to use "9" when dialing the missed calls you just need to use the "editdial" soft key to enter the "9" in front when dialing. This link should help. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/ip_7960/getstart/ipp60get.htm#xtocid44330

I think you can prepend a 9 to the calling party information with a Translation Pattern. If your using a four digit dial plan create a XXXX translation pattern and put it in the GATEWAY'S calling search space. Make the change in the Calling Party Tranformation section. Don't touch the Called party section or you will re-route the call. I've done this change the calling party number to a location's number so the receptionist know which site the call comes from.

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

I think that 3.1.3 code will automatically prepend the 9. I don't know exactly what version it started doing it, or what phone load fixed it, but I don't think that is an issue with newer versions of code. An upgrade might be in order.

Rick

Okay, I retract my previous statement, I don't know where my head was.

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: