Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial-tone from NM-HDV-1T1-24

Does anyone know if there is a command to turn-off dial-tone on a NM-HDV-1T1-24? Depending on the application, when a trunk is accessed, it can be desirable to have the hardware not produce a dial-tone.

Regards,

-Eric

3 REPLIES

Re: Dial-tone from NM-HDV-1T1-24

I think it depends on the platform. I can ask my Cisco tech guys for you. Are you running on a 2600/3600 or VG200?

Silver

I was told for T1 CAS E&M wink trunks on the NM-HDV there is no way today to turn off dial tone. For a correctly configured system (both PBX and router) you should not need to turn it off. You can do "DID" dialing on a T1 CAS trunk without needing to artificially turn off dial tone.

You mention certain "applications" for which you need to turn it off. Can you give me details on these applications? Why are you even hearing dial tone when you don't want to, and why do you want to turn it off? Can’t you just configure the PBX to collect all the digits the user wants to dial before seizing the trunk and then the user never hears the dial tone?

I was told that Cisco doesn’t want to add this functionality because the dial tone is an indication that the system is ready to receive digits. If it were suppressed in the wrong situations, some of the dialed digits may be dropped (such as calls from auto-dialers or speed-call keys).

From their standpoint, it makes sense because it would be difficult to troubleshoot problems and could generate a lot of erroneous support calls.

I would guess if you have to have this feature, you should propose an excellent and widely accepted reason and file an enhancement request with your Cisco team. Once we had a clear understanding, we decided there was no good reason to suppress the dial tone.

Eric,

If you use the command "connection PLAR" under voice port, the user will not have Cisco dial tone. PLAR will route the call, after loop closure, to the remote destination port. The remote destination will (or can) provide dialtone.

Pat

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content