Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dial tone problem - dialing out to PSTN

I have the following route pattern - 9.@ with 'provide outside dial tone' selected and 'PreAT' digit stripping. When I dial out, I do not get a second dial tone after I hit '9' - The dial tone comes only after I hit the next digit. The call flows normally after that. Any ideas?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES

Re: Dial tone problem - dialing out to PSTN

Instead of the Preat command. Try using the predot digit stripping. We have this setup with that dial pattern.

John - thanks. I tried 'PreDot' instead - no effect. The problem still exists. Any other ideas anyone?

Usually the second dial tone is caused by having an entry for a "9" pattern (i.e. there is a phone configured for 9... or a pilot point for VM, etc). Go to Route Plan>>>Route Plan Report to generate a listing of all of your routes for dialed digits. Ususally when you hear the second dial tone it is searching for a match in the dial-digit string. Based on this it appears that a match exists internally for a dial-digit string of 9....

tmiller, thanks for the reply. The only entry in the route plan report is the pattern '9.@'.

n

Silver

I too had the same problem. It was working fine till it came all of a sudden and after some 4-5 hours was solved by itself (no manual changes made), ie, normal behaviour of getting dialtone after pressing a 9 for an ouside line resumed.

Going thru the trace file I found that when the problem occured, the Call Manager would interpret 9 as a Internal PotentialMatchExists, when it should interpret as ExclusivelyOffnetPotentialMatchExists. After 4-5 hrs when it came up by itself, now the trace file output shows that the Call Manager interprets 9 as an ExclusivelyOffnetPotentialMatchExists (desired behaviour).

No idea for the abnormal behaviour for the sudden short duration, when I too have no internal extensions starting with a 9. I use 9 only for dialing a outside line. Whether its a new bug, or ???

Which CCM version are u running? Iam running 3.1(2c).

Views
Helpful
Replies