cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial tone problem - dialing out to PSTN

l-turi
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following route pattern - 9.@ with 'provide outside dial tone' selected and 'PreAT' digit stripping. When I dial out, I do not get a second dial tone after I hit '9' - The dial tone comes only after I hit the next digit. The call flows normally after that. Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

John
Level 1
Level 1

Instead of the Preat command. Try using the predot digit stripping. We have this setup with that dial pattern.

John - thanks. I tried 'PreDot' instead - no effect. The problem still exists. Any other ideas anyone?

tmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Usually the second dial tone is caused by having an entry for a "9" pattern (i.e. there is a phone configured for 9... or a pilot point for VM, etc). Go to Route Plan>>>Route Plan Report to generate a listing of all of your routes for dialed digits. Ususally when you hear the second dial tone it is searching for a match in the dial-digit string. Based on this it appears that a match exists internally for a dial-digit string of 9....

tmiller, thanks for the reply. The only entry in the route plan report is the pattern '9.@'.

n

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

I too had the same problem. It was working fine till it came all of a sudden and after some 4-5 hours was solved by itself (no manual changes made), ie, normal behaviour of getting dialtone after pressing a 9 for an ouside line resumed.

Going thru the trace file I found that when the problem occured, the Call Manager would interpret 9 as a Internal PotentialMatchExists, when it should interpret as ExclusivelyOffnetPotentialMatchExists. After 4-5 hrs when it came up by itself, now the trace file output shows that the Call Manager interprets 9 as an ExclusivelyOffnetPotentialMatchExists (desired behaviour).

No idea for the abnormal behaviour for the sudden short duration, when I too have no internal extensions starting with a 9. I use 9 only for dialing a outside line. Whether its a new bug, or ???

Which CCM version are u running? Iam running 3.1(2c).