bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.2(2C) SPG

Unity 3.15

TSP 6.02(b)

Unified Messaging

UNITY SERVERS IN DIFFRENT EXCHANGE 5.5 Sites

Customer has multiple Exchange 5.5 sites that have a Unity server within each site. The unity servers are homed to on CCM cluster. I am trying to get the dialing domains to work without success.

On each unity server I have done the following:

1. Configured a Primary Location

2. Configured a dial ID

3. Record a Profile

4. Configured a Dial Domain (company.com)

5. Configured Addressing Options to be Global Directory (Tried Dialing Domains As well)

6. Each time I make a change I have stopped and started Unity services on both servers.

I have created a subscriber account on one server with extention 7777 and have FULLY setup the account (recorded names, etc). When I try to access the 7777 account from one unity server by spell by name it says that there are no matching names. If I try to transfer to 7777 I cannot do this as well.

Suggestions???

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to address through the name lookup handler or by signing in as a subscriber and addressing by name/ID? If you're going through the Directory Handler as an outside caller it has it's own configuration for the maximum search scope that you need to be sure to set on the searc options page.

As for the transfer issue, there is a THIRD item for that - folks want control over audio text transfers seperately - you need to set this in the Advanced Settings tool - the "Set Auto Attendant Search Scope" is the one you want to fiddle with for this.

If you've set the primary location object to have a dialing domain search "Ceiling" as you indicate and you're addressing as a subscriber to another subscriber and you're not getting a match we'll need to check to be sure the subscribers from the other unity server(s) are being seeing and pulled into the directory.

You can check the GlobalSubscriber table in UnityDB's database in SQL using either Enterprise Manager or CUDLE - whatever you prefer. See if you can find the subscribers on the other Unity servers in that table - if not, there's a replication issue of some sort at play.